The Grenoble’s 2nd International Go Championship (TIGGRE) will be held on the 13th and 14th of October 2018 at the Congress Center WTC, right next to Grenoble’s train station.. 200 players of all nationalities, ages and levels are expected to come for this great celebration of the game of Go !
Following the first edition from February 2017, we expect a ground-breaking participation record which would promote the TIGGRE as one of the biggest European tournaments.
picture credit : Gilles Galoyer Studio Jamais Vu!
TIGGRE : players coming from thirty different countries
The TIGGRE, one of the biggest tournaments in Europe will welcome prestigious players such as European and Asian professional players and children who study go in schools and academy throughout Europe and Asia.
Ellie Cup : a must-go rendez-vous for the best players in Europe
The 32 best players registered to the TIGGRE will have the honour to participate in the Ellie Cup, one of the biggest competitions in Europe, accounting for the European Grand Prix. The Ellie Cup, richely sponsored, was created by Inseong Hwang to help developping Go in Europe and contributing to the rise of the Go level in Europe.
The TIGGRE-Ellie Cup will be a plural event:
- – The main tournament : the TIGGRE
- – The ‘top group’, consisting of 32 players, will fight in a ‘bonus b’ tournament, accounting for the European Grand Prix.
- – Many prizes, thanks to the support of Inseong Hwang and his Go Academy : the Yunguseng Dojang
- – The participation of many children
- – A conference “The Game of Go and Artificial Intelligence”
- – Many animations